I really hate to break this to you. I really do. Now brace yourself for some heart-stopping, teeth-gnashing, make-you-want-to-crawl-back-into-bed news…
Gah! So glad I got that off my chest.
Okay, wait, no… it’s not as bad as it seems. Yes, the weekend has come to an end, but no, that doesn’t mean the end of the world. Especially not if we think about the bright side.
(Speaking of bright side, did I ever mention that I love giving tips and advice? I stick all my best stuff in news letters to you! Subscribe here to get them all for free!)
The bright side to a Monday, you ask? Why, yes, my friend – the fact that it’s Breakfast Monday! The whole point of having a Breakfast Monday, like I am doing with all the days of the week (for at least one more week), is to have something to look forward to at the start of the week.
Another thing to appreciate about Mondays is having an opportunity to be productive. Get back on track. Start the week off on the right foot. Knock out some PRs at the gym and at work and even on your diet. Those things don’t sound too bad, do they?
Now, without getting too crazy and overwhelming you with all the ways you might go about starting your week off right, let me suggest one thing. Breakfast. This is one little win for you in the morning before you head out to do great things in the world.
We need some protein to feel full and energized, a little good carb base to get your body awake and moving, and the taste of weekend brunch food (just as a reminder that there still is good in the world… even on a Monday.)
What do you get when you put all those things together? Protein Cinnamon French Toast, of course. In about 5 minutes – made while your coffee is a-brewing – you could have this #BOC (breakfast of champions) to get you kicking boo-tay and taking names all week long. Or doing whatever it is you do… awesomely.
P.S. Get your week's inspiration on with last weeks fab posts:
- Monday: Breakfast Monday – in which you get one or more amazing + healthy breakfast recipes. (Week one)
- Tuesday: Tips Tuesday – involving helpful tips about cooking, life, and/or fitness. (Week one)
- Wednesday: Wild Card Wednesday – in which I may provide anything from a radical new recipe to cat memes for your viewing pleasure. (Week one)
- Thursday: What I Ate on Wednesday and Weekly Workout – It’s a twofer. I thought maybe you’d like to see what I REALLY eat on a day to day basis… whether or not you judge me for it afterward. Plus, workouts I actually did over the week/ how to do them. (Week one)
- Friday: TGIF Dessert Day – It’s the weekend and we want our cake. Only these cakes won’t make you heavier by next Monday, so you can keep up with those awesome goals of yours. (Week one)
Protein Cinnamon French Toast Stack
- 1 large or 2 small, thick slices bread - preferably whole grain (I used this recipe)
- 1/4 c. liquid egg whites
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 3 heaping T.)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. maple syrup - plus more for drizzling (I used Walden Farms* zero calorie syrup)
Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and pre-heat to medium.
In a wide bowl, mix egg whites, protein powder, cinnamon, and syrup together.
Dip the bread in and allow to soak in. Be sure to thoroughly coat each side and saturate the bread with the mixture as much as possible.
Cook in the pan on each side for about a minute or so, until the toast is browned on both sides. Slice into strips, stack, drizzle with syrup (or a light whipped cream, maybe?) annnd go!
Makes 1 serving
Nutrition per recipe: 254 calories; 4 g fat (0 g saturated); 34 g carbs; 3 g fiber; 19 g protein
*This is not a sponsored post - I just want to share a favorite product!